Various topics again.

Not a lot of OtR here...  Just my nickel from the last week's worth of
posts.

First of all:  Lara, why on earth would you've lived with a Chinese
family for two weeks?!  I'm quite intrigued...  And thanks for inviting
us all to your Superbowl party after it happened!  haha.

Hej, Joel W.  The Duran caught my eye in your post.  Nice music picks.
Give me "Wild Boys" anyday over meaningless drivel like "Latter Days".
Hahaha.  (Insert sarcasm symbol here)  I really do like Duran, BTW.
Just spent TONS of cash on new stuff (including my first D2 minidisc -
how 90s!).

"Zooropa" the track is one of my favorite U2 songs, amazingly nice three
sectioned song, and great transitions.  The lyric of "Wanderer" gets a
thumbs up as well.

I saw Anne E. once in BG, in 97 I think.  Whenever "Effort of the Spin"
was the bomb d'jour.  I was iffy on her, liked the music and lights I
guess.  She hand wrote a note on her promotional post card back to me
and I was QUITE impressed with that.

jg, I had no idea Nick Lowe was so "pop".  Quite a greatest hits CD that
boy has.  Why wasn't/isn't he more popular?  (Nick, not JG).

Jan, if OtR was just Karin I'd have way more reason to complain that she
doesn't enunciate her words when she sings.  She's kinda lazy in that
regard.  It's charming if you already know the lyrics from the album or
whatever, but annoying if you're seeing it for the first time.

First time I saw Alanis she sang my at-the-time favorite Radiohead song
"Fake Plastic Trees" so she gets an A in my book.  I think the new CD is
indeed quite good but sometimes her lyrics are in that repetitive vein.
The single Thank U with it's opening lines all being "How about..." and
Jess' post of "that I would...".  Not that they aren't good or anything.

My favorite joke is a knock-knock joke and it's so unfunny it's funny.
I tell it repeatedly throughout the course of a night, and I think it's
funnier as alcohol slows the synapses.  Not mine, mind you.

For anyone still reading, I'll post OtR related stuff now...  A few
weeks ago, I was trying to get a new convert at an office I've been
working out of in Detroit, and the only CD I had readily available was
Eve.  She was iffy on it, didn't say much else.  Monday of last week I
loaned her GDBD(tHR) and when Friday rolled around I asked her about it;
she didn't even want to give it up for the weekend.  I said "one of my
favorite tracks is the second to last one" and she knew all the titles
etc already after four days.  Looks like we have another...  If only I'd
be on OtR's payroll...

Bruce

PS I'm 2 degrees from bink, through knowing (not in a Biblical sense,
mind you) Sr. Emery, Sra. Yzzi y Sra. Jess.

PPS Be strong