listie stuff <NO OTR>

Here's jg's movie list he requested I share with you:

"o.k.  candace.    you're on a desert island with only a TV and a VCR and a
suitcase of videotapes   (and a solar panel!).

what's in your suitcase?

mine:   subject to change but at this moment, it's   Blue Velvet/
Eraserhead/  91/2 Weeks/  Fiddler On the Roof/  2001:  a Space Odyssey/
Taxi Driver/  Brazil  (just so maybe i can finally figure it out!) /
Gaslight/  and just maybe i'd throw Vampire's Kiss in there for my comedy
flick/  and i'd better put in a survival documentary too, shouldn't i?"
------------------------------
Here's mine which differs only slightly (sarcasm):
Dead Poets Society/Life is Beautiful/Fawlty Towers/Shine/When Harry Met
Sally/My Left Foot...and all the rest that don't come to mind when people
ask.

AUTHORS:  Madeliene L'Engle/Annie Dillard/Sheldon Vanauken/Rilke/C.S.
Lewis/Frederick Buechner/Tolstoy/Dostoevsky/

MUSIC:  Impossible to narrow it down really, but here's a start -
OtR/VoL/Peter Himmelman (just got his new album...amazing)/Pierce
Pettis/Iona/Mark Heard/Innocence Mission/Joni Mitchell/Jane Sibbery/Michael
Hedges/Bruce Cockburn/Patty Larkin/Jonatha Brooke(and The Story)/Sundays
Ani DiFranco/Elvis Costello
MORE SO RECENTLY (with a UK theme):
Red House Painters/Ricky Ross/Deacon Blue/Lies Damned Lies
JAZZ:  Cassandra Wilson/Pat Metheny/Bill Frisell/Miles Davis/Wynton Marsalis
Holly Cole/Charlie Haden

And then there are about 50 other artists that I haven't mentioned because
then my list would be much too long and you'd be wishing that I'd gone back
to lurking.

I must work now because I've been putting it off all morning...I hate having
to work for a living, although I must, and so I do, reluctantly...In
reality, I'm a poet/writer and musician with a BFA, major in voice, waiting
for life to happen - however, in the meantime, I work in the Fine Arts Dept.
of a College in Manitoba (yes it is I, *the* Canadian...or, Derrick, are you
still here?) promoting and planning tours for their music and drama groups.
It's okay. It will have to do for now.  I've also put in time working in
Real Estate and Newsprint/Publications.

I'll go back to lurking now,
Candace

PS- BTW Jessyka, I've been wanting to see The Hanging Garden for a while
now, but no one I know wants to see it!  I'll have to rent it and watch it
by myself sometime.  I've heard good stuff about it, and yah, great
soundtrack.  Another movie to watch simply for the Soundtrack is Sling Blade
- Daniel Lanois does the whole thing...amazing.