Listee page stuff

Kent M. Nebergall@TIMEWEB
02/01/99 06:18 PM

Doings:  Live in St Charles, work in Arlington Heights, both in Illinois on
the western edge of Chicago suburbia.  Originally from downstate.  I'm a
technical communications administrator, which if you can say it in under
three seconds they think you know what you are talking about and you get
the job.  I also freelance marketing and web site stuff.

Favorite movies:  Dark Star, Star Wars, A Guy Named Joe, Bringing Up Baby,
The Court Jester, The Princess Bride, Better Off Dead, Silent Running, They
Might Be Giants (yes, the movie), and MST3K The Movie.

Favorite Music:  OTR, old Genesis, Yes, Iona, Dead Can Dance, Steve Scott,
Marillion, Led Zeppelin, Dred Zeppelin, They Might Be Giants, Rick Wakeman,
Jeff Johnson, Alan Parsons Project, Innocence Mission, Meat Loaf, and ZZ
Top.  The latter two should be standard equipment on the stereo of any
American car with over 200 horsepower.  Blame my downstate upbringing for
that.

Readings:  Finishing C.S. Lewis' Space trilogy now, and it's phenomenal.
Obscure note - in 1946, it predicts a baby intranet with hypertext links,
about 20 years before anyone else (That Hideous Strength, chapter 2 or
thereabouts, called a pragmatometer).  Also Ray Bradbury figures heavily in
my collection of stuff I actually read.  I finally finished the Bible this
past year.  And you can't forget Douglas Adams, whose really good when he
doesn't hate you for buying his book.

Coffee:  That chocolate stuff that they serve at the Grateful Heart cafe in
Geneva, IL, that could end or start wars with its pure deliciousness.
Gevalia Mocha otherwise.  Note to college students - if Gevalia coffee were
any better, it would have a street value - get this stuff for finals.  It's
the perfect I-can-still-think hyper state for several hours, with a slow
let down at the end.  You'll write love songs to it, I promise.

Other Delicacies:  I'm loving the classic radio dramas from the 40's and
50's on the Sci Fi Channel website lately.