Early German film OtR video concept!

...in another thread, Jaharnish2 at aol_com oh-so eloquently sez:
> I absolutely *love* German films from earlier 20th cent.

you know, i'm sorry for replying to my own post, but in reflecting about how
much i love early German film, and how much i love Over the Rhine, i believe
those 2 worlds / images could fit together quite nicely.

black and white. a very dark type of set with scattered and ambiguous
lighting. possibe sheets or sheer gauze draped. windows and doorways ignore
laws of perspective altogether. Karin & Terri shown lounging on a nouveau
sofa, emaciated and ravenous. dark encircled eyes. gaunt cheeks looking for
queched desire. linford. head down over cranky piano. head sway, eyes dark,
double-breasted wool suitjacket. the most melancholic of looks carved deep
into his face. brian enters. inattentive and indifferent...
it is a black evening and starless.

just a thought (?),

jay

NP: my own memories of what Raison d'Etre sounds like...

"...Every form of creativity is for me only possible in an extreme situation
of life..."
Blixa Bargeld
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^