Re: Sixpence & OTR

>Does anyone like the band,"Sixpence none the Richer" out there? If any of
>you have the  newest Sixpence cd and read through the 'band thanks' you
>would have noticed that they thanked OTR for the wonderful music they
>create. I find this interesting and i also heard of a concert that
>Sixpence and OTR are giving together somewhere in Ohio. Did anyone else
>hear of this? Well, Sixpence is my fav. band......You know what they said
>about them being labeled as a "Christian band"? I read this in ccm
>magazine.  They said that they are trying to  write music and be really
>good at it. Create art and be good at it.  I thought that was cool.
>'cause that is exactly what OTR is trying to do. They just aren't labeled
>as a "Christian band". If a band is "Christian" i think they should not
>be ashamed of it.  They're purpose is to Glorify God through there music.
>Who cares what anyone else says. There audience is GOD!!!! agree? or not?

 Well, Ope, this is yet another can of worms we probably don't want to open.

Yes, there are fans of Sixpence on this list (I am one of them), but the
whole Christian band thing is something we don't like to discuss.  There
have been great discussions (arguments) on whether or not OtR is a band
made up of Christians or a Christian band.  If they are a "Christian band"
then they are far less pronounced about it than some CCM groups out there.

Basically you have to realize this...Over the Rhine's music appeals to
those of all creeds, including Christian, Catholic, Jewish, atheist,
agnostic, and I'm sure many others.  My personal religious beliefs are not
up for debate, but I don't think that their audience is God.  They play
because they are good at what they do, and people like them.  Yes, I guess
if you believe in such things, God is part of their audience, and possibly
even a major part, but He is not their ONLY audience.

Oh, and if anyone wants to flame me for this post, please do it off the
list, ok?  Thanks.  I don't think anyone really wants to get back into one
of those discussions.

*hugz and kisses*
Jessyka