Re: Mixed Emotions

SheepyFuzz at aol_com wrote:

> > On the other hand, the selfish one, OTR is like my precious treasure that I
> > want to be selfish with, not letting the rest of the world in on my secret.

> selfish hands are bad news. i want the rest of the world to feel what i feel
> when i listen to this music. i want the people who provide me with these songs
> to be successful.

yeah, i want them to be successful as well, i'd like to be able to share
them with everyone else, but the thing is that popular music in our
society has been so perverted that bad music has come to be considered
good, and it's sad to think that OtR might be associated with that
perception.   The very concept of what good music really is has been
lost.  Good songs are overplayed, not appreciated at full value, and I
think this is exactly what happened to Sarah McLachlan when she got
really big.  Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon because it's the new
thing, but it's mostly superficial.

oh well...  it comes with the territory, i guess.  Someone who somehow
avoided that popular music scene, yet retains her status, is Tori
Amos... she's just not radio friendly or something.

sigh.

i guess that sums that up (maybe).  i'm so tired, and i have a report
due tomorrow on Emerson and Thoreau.  This is going to be a long night.
ok. like you care.

later,

Leah