Re: Mixed Emotions

In a message dated 11/22/98 8:19:21 PM EST, overit at worldnet_att.net writes:

> Greetings from the burbs of Atlanta.

wherabouts?

>  I usually lurk and occasionally comment.  I guess as far as the band
>  getting a record deal, I have mixed emotions.  On the one hand, the
>  unselfish one, I WANT them to get a great deal, get the recognition they
>  deserve, and broaden their fan base.

sure. as long as being signed on a big label doesn't affect the quality of the
music, which it usually doesn't.

>  On the other hand, the selfish one, OTR is like my precious treasure that I
want to >  be selfish with, not letting the rest of the world in on my secret.

selfish hands are bad news. i want the rest of the world to feel what i feel
when i listen to this music. i want the people who provide me with these songs
to be successful.

***

as for seldom weekend posts, maybe most of us do our listie thing from school
or work, and don't work odd sunday nights. but what do i know?

love,
sha