Re: URGENT info on Winter Tour 98

OTRhine at aol_com sez:
>Linford called in today with this announcement:
>
>OTR will be canceling the ENTIRE Winter 98 Tour.

FUCK!

So much for Canal Street on 12/4.

>A major label is very serious about the band recording more demos during the month of Dec.
>Label reps are very interested in the band and want to do more with them. It is an
>opportunity that they cannot pass up. It is a wonderful chance for them to be
>listened to and hopefully signed, as well as recording new songs for next
>year. The band apologizes profusely for this inconvenience and are excited by
>this wonderful offer.

At least it's being cancelled for a good reason.   Anybody want to
place bets on which label?

I'll bet any takers a beer that it's A&M.

As soon as they get signed to a label, I propose we start a
letter-writing campaign to get the first three albums re-released.

>There is some good news and a chance to see them play. They will be on CBS
>This Morning on Dec 16th. OTR will play by themselves. Check local listing for time.

That's some national exposure, which is always a good thing.

>Again, the band regrets these cancellations and hope that you all understand.
>As Linford puts it "Bon Courage"

Linford needs a new tagline.  ;-)
--
NP: Over The Rhine - _Till We Have Faces_ (IRS)
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery