Re: Hi! I'm new!

Lydia the fairy princess <phrogqueen at rocketmail_com> sez:
>Hi everyone! My name is Lydia and I am fairly new to
>this list. I live in L.A. and there are some upcoming
>shows in southern California. If anyone lives out
>here please let me know, I would love to go with some
>fellow Rhinelanders!

Well, I'd suggest you hook up with Steve, but I gather he's on
vacation in New Zealand right now instead of SoCal.

>Also-I've recently started
>reading a book called "Till We Have Faces". The
>reason I started reading it is because of OTR's third
>alblum.

Why would _Eve_ prompt you to read C.S. Lewis?

Seriously, though, TWHF is OTR's first album, and the title was
inspired by the book.

Another great musician who is sometimes inspired by Lewis is Steve
Hackett (Genesis guitarist from 72-77).  He's also got an album called
_Till We Have Faces_, and a song-cycle called 'Narnia' which is
loosely based on _The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe_.  But as far
as that goes, the best, IMO, is the album _The Roar Of Love_, by the
group 2nd Chapter Of Acts.  It's a full length concept album that
follows the story of the book quite well, conveying the story in not
only the words but the music.   It was recorded sometime in the
mid-70's, and I'm not sure if it made it onto CD at all.  It's got
incredible vocal harmonies, and occasionally that cool funky vibe that
was characteristic of so much of the mid-to-late 70's "Jesus music."

>So-if anyone is interested it's by C.S.
>Lewis. It's really good. It's a modern day version of
>the classic Cupid and Psyche. Please write me back
>and make me feel welcome! :)

Umm...welcome to the list, or something.

>Lydia Krause

Any relation to Snoop Duggy Dug?

>Scripture of the week: Psalm 107:1

Deity of the Week: Poseidon   (thanks binky!)

On another as-yet-unrelated note, I finally got a copy of the
binkmeister's CD.   One listen so far - it's pretty good.   Look for a
review later in the week.  Email him and buy it.   Right now.

Now, I said.
--
NP: Rick Callender - _Undone_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery