Re: @@@ U2@@@

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark_van_Hornsveld
>Do any of you heard the U2 best-of album and the b-sides? What do you think
>of it?
>Apart from the "they should have put this song on it instead of that song"
>personal favourites, I thought the NewYearsDay mix quite interesting.
>That's the most obvious differnece between the original album versions and
>this compilation.

Maybe it's just me, but the new U2 retrospective package seem woefully
inadequate? I mean, even though there's room on the disc, there's NOTHING on
there from *October* for God's sake! Not even "Gloria"! And there are
several bsides missing when there's over 15 minutes remaining on the cd?
What gives? And how about the almost total lack of liner notes? Are they
lazy or just evil?

That said, however, I have to add there's not a second on the cd that
doesn't send me into instant musical bliss.

Rant over.

>I must say I like the original version of The Sweetest Thing (on which
>single did this appear?) far better than the single version that's out now.
>Anyone agree?

I do prefer the original. I think it gets that bitter sweentess of the song
much better. I remember hearing it on the radio 11 years ago when it was a
bside to "where the streets have no name" along with the studio version of
"Silver and Gold" and, a song that was not released on the bsides cd, "Race
Against Time."

BSC