newbie alert

Howdy.  I've been lurking on this list via the digest for about a week now.

I've only recently (in the last year or so) become aware of and subsequently
a fan of OtR.  For the record, I heard about them on both the Mark Heard
e-list and the Sam Phillips e-list.  I figured if people who liked MH and SP
kept talking about this group, I should at least check them out . . .
sometime . . . That sometime happened when I found a copy of "Eve" in a 3
dollar bin at a used disc store.  I loved the disc before I even heard it.
(I tend to be very lyrics driven in my muscial tastes and the line "carry me
like a tune" hooked me.  I knew I'd found a new band to follow.)  I've since
found 'til We Have Faces and Patience (my favorite so far) and just this
past week got Besides as part of my Rhinelander package.

So much for my history with OtR.

My main question, this gray Sunday afternoon, is this:  I see that the
Cowboy Junkies are playing Austin in about a week and a half but it looks
like one of the stops on the tour when OtR isn't playing as their own
selves.  Can anyone here confirm that?  I know nothing about the Junkies, so
the next question is:  are they worth seeing or more accurately are they
worth seeing just to get a glimpse of Linford and Karin in their touring
band?  has anyone on this list seen a Junkies show without OtR playing an
OtR set?

Thanks for any info on this stuff.

-Neil
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + neo at mail_utexas.edu + + + + + + + + + + +
Neil Ellis Orts
Austin, TX
512-323-2169              + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
              It's dog eat dog -- I'm just waking up
              The dove's in the dungeon
              And the white-washed hawks peddle hate and call it love
                                           -Joni Mitchell