@@@@Re: Alanis -- the other white meat.

Setting up shop where I can't see, Young Master Bruce said:

> I believe the reason that "talented singer
> songwriters (and pseudo folk pop outfits) are literally pushed aside"
> here is that it's simply not what the general public enjoys,

I couldn't agree more.  But why should we elite be made to suffer for
our "finer" tastes LOL!!  :P

> My mum kinda likes some OtR...but would rather jump out of a moving car than listen to > more than three Dar Williams or Ani songs in sequence.

I'm with your "mum".  I think Dar has a good voice, but can't get past
her sometimes goofy lyrics. As for Ani--yech!  I'm just not a fan of her
style of music. While were talking about it, can't stant Bjork either.

>  The entire Lachey clan can listen to most
> parts of any Madonna album on a car trip and not complain too much.

Same here.  I didn't mean to come across as anti-Madonna, I can listen
to most of her work.  I would just never buy an album anymore.  Anyone
who says or does *anything* for fame/money doesn't get my buck.  IMHO
after _True Blue_ she pretty much went downhill fast.  Funny, that's
right about the same time she and Sean split.  Could be something there
huh??

Bruce:  > Madonna still kicks ass, >  she's still freakin' brilliant.

Mark:  Whoa, you're starting to scare me, man.  I'm not so sure your
thinking rationally.  You'd better lie down and put on some Puff Daddy
to bring you out of it.  :)

[Madonna lyric snipped]

That does sound pretty good,  How many of us have done that?  Wanted
something so bad and then when we get it we change our minds.  We want
what we had before.  It would be pretty cool if she really was talking
about her career here.  [could she be?]  I will give her that, she has
worked really hard at it.  Just watching her for the past 15 years has
made me tired (tired of her).  But who am I to judge.  I'm sure that sex
book was really what was on her mind at the time.  Really what she just
had to share with her fans!  Read with a tone of Sarcasm...  And while
were talking about her why is she speaking with that phony Brit-"ish"
accent now??? Part of her image I suppose.  And, is there anyone else
but me who thinks that Madonna naming her baby Lourdes is a little
over-the-edge?  I mean how far should one go into icon worship??

> Anyway, I re-read your post again Markster, and agree totally with the
> last section.

Good, good.  Now go back and read it again and maybe the first part will
sink in too!!  ;P  LOL!

Peace all,

"Minds like ours, my dear James, must always be above national
prejudices, and in all companies it gives me true pleasure to declare,
that as a people, the English are very little indeed inferior to the
Scotch.
                                    _Noctes Ambrosianae_
                                                   --Christopher North
(1826)