Re: Alanis

{{{If I want a non-faked Angry Woman, I'll go throw in some Patti Smith.}}}

And then there's Ani DiFranco...

re: Alanis, I wouldn't mind 'er so much if she weren't so damned illiterate...

Rain on your wedding day.  The good advice you didn't take.  A no-smoking sign
on your cigarette break.
"Isn't it ironic?  A little TOO ironic?"
Well, Alanis, no, not really.
The song's like a failed 5th grade homework assignment; the teacher assigns
the class to come in the next day with all sorts of examples of irony, Alanis
comes to school with three pages of examples of just plain dumb luck.  More
irony could be found in Disney films.
And that ultra-corny "You live, you learn" song's just as icky.
And it's a shame, she's got some good stuff too, "One Hand In My Pocket,"
etc...

This rant brought to you under the influence of caffeine on a bad day.

Stefan