Re: sarah mclachlan stealing from otr/karin

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:38:21 -0400 DustyVolume <marquis at icx_net> writes:

(edited)

>I know that "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery", and Poe
>said that we subconscioulsy regurgitate the things that affect us most
>deeply, but I feel that this has almost ruined SM for me.

as far as i know, it wasn't until *after* the album was recorded that she
heard OtR... and in a SM interview, Sarah had mentioned that her first
album was written while listening to alot of Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush,
hence making her first album very Gabriel/Bush-esque... so to avoid
sounding like anyone else's work, she refrains to listening to any
outside music while she records, so as to be as original as possible.  so
i would have a tendancy to disagree with you a little on that one...

bink

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]