Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #325

> like i said, as far as R.E.M. goes, i have a copy of Monster which is
> still in the cellophane collecting dust.  over the few years i've had it,
> i just can't bring myself to listen to it.  and how in the HELL can
> ANYONE think that Green should be considered an album?  i'm with you,
> gimme Driver Eight or Talk About the Passion anyday....

HELLO???????!!!!!!!!!!  while i'm a very large fan of document and
life's rich pageant, let me say it again.  HELLO???!!!!!  let's start
with automatic: man on the moon (how fun is that?!), nightswimming, find
the river.  out of time:  while shiny happy people is admittably (by
them) the worst song they've ever done, there's still half a world away
and country feedback that give me chills every time.  monster: i think
every song's a winner here.  there's the catchiness of what's the
frequency and band and blame.  star 69?  again, how fun it that?  VERY!
strange curriences?  can we say cute?!  then there's let me in, which is
just beyond words.  seeing him to it live was the most mezmerizing
things i've ever seen.  i think my heart stopped there for a few
minutes.  then there's new adventures:  while i think it takes an
aquired taste just because it's such a different sound from their pop
sounds of the 80's that everyone grew to love them for, it's far from a
throw away album.  that's just my two cents.  i know everyone's entitled
to their own opinion.  though i will have to kill you, of course, if
speak poorly of them again. ;)

be good,
cat