Re: Looking for Eve

Ted Nunes <ted at duthiemm_com> sez:
>I've seen posts of this kind before. I had the impression from an early
>"Rhinelander" that when IRS became defunct, "Eve" went into limbo; out of
>print I suppose, and possibly legally tied up in knots.

It's definitely OOP right now, but the band seems to be able to sell
copies sans liner notes in plain, empty jewel cases.

>Does anyone know that to be the case or not. Is it a permanant situation?

I'm guessing it's permanent - at least until they get another major
label deal.

>Just supposing--and I'm not saying anyone's done this-- but just
>supposing someone worked at a multimedia company and had the ability to
>digitize an existing version of "Eve" and had access to a CD burner
>whereby he made...I mean could make a copy for a friend who otherwise
>couldn't get hold of one, would anyone be "insider" enough to know the
>band's disposition toward that sort of humanitarian bootlegging?

Someone needs to dig out the post about that guy who had Linford sign
his bootleg CD.   That was a bit different, though, being a bootlegged
performance.

I guess the _Eve_ thing could go either way, but I'm guessing that
they wouldn't approve since they are selling it now.

Don't let that stop you, though.   Some weekends my CD burner doesn't
have time to cool down.  ;-)

NP: Brian Eno _Here Come The Warm Jets_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 1- 0 Meddle 3 0 29.8% <16oct98>
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?