so i had an over the rhine dream

if that counts for anything.

i was at someone else's family reunion. (if there's one thing worse than going
to your own...)

linford was in charge of catering. he served these sugarcube sized tofu
squares, which affected different people in different ways. some of the aunts
and uncles grew and shrunk like alice in wonderland. others passed out into a
deep sleep. mine tasted sort of fruity, and i thought i would turn into a
blueberry like violet beauregard in that willy wonka movie. instead, i could
read people's minds. i learned that he was trying to find a "replacement" for
karin. not for a wife, just for the band, because there was a little linford
on the way. he had already built a robot replacement for himself (!)

we talked for what seemed like forever about music and art and the clouds in
the sky, and he asked if he could try on my tap shoes. (never owned a pair in
my life, mind you.) he strapped them onto his feet and romped away, clickety
clack.

any interpreters out there? i just can't do it with my own dreams.

love,
sha