Re: Thanks

Schmitty:

Welcome.

It's nice to hear such a favourable response after seeing over the rhine
(my favourite band) for the first time.  I haven't seen the band in
almost 11 months, and frankly all the reports that they were "selling
out" for a record deal kind of scared me.  It's nice to know that
they're still reaching out and grabbing innocent concert goers by the
collar and pulling them in--sort of nice isn't it?

Unfortunately, the web page that was maintained by don smith at MIT was
probably our best otr resource on the web (after all it was a labor of
love four years in the making)  but there are still some very good (new)
pages out there.  Here are two that I know of:

The official band page:
http://overtherhine.com

and

Eric Schumacher's great OTR site:
http://www.kconline.com/eschumacher/OtR/

Check them out, and if you still have any questions, email the list
again. between all 1500 of us we can probably send forth an answer.

> quickly move to the front of the stage and I am reborn.

I think there are at least a few hundred of us here who know exactly how
you feel!

> I pick up two
> CDs right after they go off. I haven't stopped listening.

This is understandable.  I often put on *any* otr disc and become lost
in it.  I've said this before (so those of you who've heard it already,
deal with it) :)  I am bascially a sampler of music.  I put a disc in
and I find that I listen to the first parts of songs and then skip
tracks, or listen to one song on repeat. I program only the songs that I
really like and put those on repeat.  I switch discs frequently--many
times after only hearing the intro's to the songs.  I find that the
"Showy" choruses to many songs are annoying and distract from the actual
music.  But, otr is different.  I almost never skip any tracks, and keep
the discs in for weeks.  I actually listened to Eve exclusively for
almost 9 months after I rambled into the music store and discovered that
there was a new release from otr.

So enjoy and give us a post now and again.

peace,
mark