Re: coming out of west virginia

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:21:34 -0400 barkera at nsk-corp_com writes:

>I was last up there in January to catch Todd Rundgren at Pierre's.  My
>friend drove, and it was
>his first time in FW in years.  He started his TV career there and
>remeniced (sp?) about those days:
>HIM: "Yeah, when I started here, I was in pretty bad shape.  Chasing
>loose
>women, living in a trailer and
>           drinking a 12-pack every night."
>ME:  "So what's changed now that you're in Indy?"
>HIM:  *pause* "Better trailer."

the plastic flamingos hold up better down there, too.

>>you mean WV actually *gave* you a good impression?
>I wouldn't say *give*.  More like pried out of it's coal-stained
>fingers.
>The best thing I truly saw in WV was the
>sign that read "Welcome to Ohio".
>
>;-)

very true!  although i always preffered the "Welcome to Virginia" signs,
but i'm just a *little* biased...

>>>direct from the heart of Indianapolis,
>>direct from the anus of Helmkeville, just a scootch to the right of
>>Quayletropolis,

>I'm truly sorry.

thank you.  i really mean it.  i have a friend who lives in Huntington
(home of mr. quayle, our future president--HA!) he lives near the Dan
Quayle Museum. (yes folks, he has his own museum) my pal wanted to change
the sign to read the DAMN Quayle Museum.  i'd call that a constitutional
right!

;{)}

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]