Re: U2 and nostalgia value (absolutely no otr)/ trendy music / rachel's threats

SheepyFuzz at aol_com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/7/98 9:05:05 PM EST, petersen at info2000_net writes:
>
> > We do, however, have here in our house a New Kids 45 and a Menudo 45.
> >  Couldn't pass those up. The phrase "kitsch value" is defined in those
> >  45s.
>
> my best friend is going through a weird rehash of her new kids fan days. hung
> the posters back up and everything. i worry about the poor dear...

I have the poster from Kiss's _Dynasty_ CD I keep meaning to hang back up, but am
just lazy, I guess.

> i own a milli vanilli cd, as well as vanilla ice. i didn't buy them until a
> year or two ago, when i saw them used for a buck or so a piece.  when i'm
> making a mix tape for non-seductive purposes, i usually throw something in
> from one of them. i also have a captain and tennille lp. once i saw a copy of
> it in spanish, and i could shoot myself for not picking it up.

Yee... Captain and Tennille in Spanish? I think we have a winner, Johnny...

> as for the "trendy music" discussion, i'll say what i always say. ('cause i
> haven't said it here.)

[snippage]

> man, this is worse than last year when i had to give up ska!"

For some reason, this last sentence made me smile...

> the anti-conformist makes the least sense to me. as does the man who says "i
> try to avoid trendy music."

Yup. Me too. If I like it, I'll listen to it. But I do have to say that the
majority of the record-buying public (as well as movie-going public, tv-viewing
public, etc.) have pretty much crap taste. I mean, Celine Dion?

np: the stuff on Fox after the Padres won game one...

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins