Re: U2 and nostalgia value

Lisa Nicole Walker wrote:

> >Ick. Me either. My youth had at least some semblance of taste >and
> talent to it
> >musically...
>
> My darling Chris, if you will recall, our "youth" had some stinkers
> too. As I dig through the rubble of my junior high days, I seem to
> recall my friends listening to groups such as New Kids on the Block
> and Milli Vanilli. Meanwhile, I was busy discovering oldies stations.
> Every era has good _and_ bad I think.

Right. But that doesn't mean we _listened_ to the bad stuff. I'm very
proud to say I never owned either a Milli Vanilli or a New Kids album.
We do, however, have here in our house a New Kids 45 and a Menudo 45.
Couldn't pass those up. The phrase "kitsch value" is defined in those
45s... And that was me, not Chris, Lisa darling... :)>

> >Yeah. What he said. As far as them covering U2, Jack's just >seems
> to be
> >figuring out how to cover Ric. I don't know how he'd do with The
> >Edge...
>
> But I think Ric could do a killer job at such. When I listen to "If
> I'm Drowning" esp. the "The People Here are Not Shy" version, I am
> always reminded of U2 or Passengers.  It's that whole Edge-ambience
> thing.

Yeah, I suppose I can hear that as well...

> Lisa
> (Weasel, Stalker....)

Are you trying to tell me this is a straight stalker case? ;)>
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins