Re: So Far Down

> It was an odd OtR time; setlists from around the time show they were
> playing 15 (at the time) unreleased songs, compared with 4 released.
> Over 75% of the show was completely new (not to mention ULTRA LOW
> tempo).
>
> Bruce

To add to this thought, around this period, whenever an old song was
played, it seemed like Ric was just being thrown a bone. You'd have
new/slow song, new/slow song, old rocking song that seems out of place
now, new/slow song, new/slow song, new/slow song, old rocking song that
seems out of place now, close with 'If I'm Drowning' or 'I Painted My
Name'

It almost seemed as if the unspoken sentiment was "I *guess* we'll play
something old since Ric is still hanging around."

Anybody who doesn't think that Ric was suddenly not a vital member of the
band and left for no reason needs to find a live copy of 'Latter Days'
with no piano and Ric on guitar. The word 'painful' comes to mind.

Jeff