So Far Down

Poughkeepsie showed up by 14 Dec 94 (wow!  Almost four years ago!) and
Brian and Ric didn't seem to care for "the feel" of it, per their
comments on the radio show at the time.

I can't say for sure, but what I know is [that] Ric seemed pretty down
for the majority of shows they played between 18 June 95 and his
departure.  I recall the 18 June show (at Silver Lake Beach) as him
being not into it much at all.  There were a few times at Canal Street
where he wanted to phone it in too, you could easily tell.

By the time of the flood of GDBD stuff came in, around early '96, he was
definitely not enjoying himself; at the early February 96 shows at Canal
Street and Staches it was painfully obvious.

It was an odd OtR time; setlists from around the time show they were
playing 15 (at the time) unreleased songs, compared with 4 released.
Over 75% of the show was completely new (not to mention ULTRA LOW
tempo).

Bruce

"don't you wanna see what you're missing?"