Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #304

Chris Emery wrote:

> From: brooke zamudio [mailto:zamudio.1 at osu_edu]
>
> Hey...I know that domain name!   Years ago I was emery.26 at osu_edu.
> Woo-hoo!
>
> > i'm new to the list but have been listening tø otr since i met them at
> some
> > christian music festival in the pennsylvania hills around '90 or '91.
> don't
> > ask me what the hell i was doing at a christian music festival.
>
> What the hell were you doing at a...   Oh.   Nevermind.

:)>  Deja vu...

> [...]
> > gdbd is fantastic. i'm also partial to twhf, my highschool anthem album.
>
> I'm not sure what my high school anthem album would be.  Probably either
> Queen _Sheer Heart Attack_ or Public Enemy _Apocalypse 91...The Enemy
> Strikes Black_

Just the mental image of Chris with that siren thing in the first song on
_A91..._ blasting from a boombox is worth how late I'm up doing this...
"These days you can't tell who's in cahoots cuz now the KKK wears three-piece
suits..." Love it. The aformentioned _Joshua Tree_ and _Listen Like Thieves_
and _Licenced to Ill_ (which is my least favourite by them now) were my high
school anthem albums. And Simple Minds' _Once Upon a Time_. And _Songs from
the Big Chair_. And _Master of Puppets_. Great music to ski to, that one...

> Chris
>
> NP: some random Phish mp3

np: Unkle (with Mike D, no less, on this song. _And_ Jason Newsted of
Metallica) - _Psyence Fiction_
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins