Welcome Newbies (was Re: otr/vol connection)

Chris McAndrew <chrmca at rage_gcsu.edu> sez:
>hi...i'm new to the list

<everyone>  Hi, Chris!

>and i don't know a whole bunch about over the
>rhine...but i've seen them perform three or four times now all of them at
>the 40 watt club here in athens opening for the vigilantes of love...i
>loved their live shows and the guitarist was always amazing to watch as
>well as the singer with a gorgeous voice...

Well, the bad news is that the guitarist, Ric Hordinski is no longer
with the band.   He's formed another project called Monk.   The good
news is that Monk occasionally plays the 40 Watt with VoL.

>bill mallonee (of VoL) always
>talks highly of the band and he usually has good taste in music...so i
>figured i'd give this list a try to see if i can learn a little more
>about the band...i guess that's about it for now...chris

More info, check out a couple web pages:

The official band page:
http://overtherhine.com
Eric Schumacher's great OTR site:
http://www.kconline.com/eschumacher/OtR/
Jeff Holland has another good site with a semi-complete giglist, but
that's the one URL I can never remember.

PLUS, for signing up now, not only do you get the complete set of
Ginsu knives and the matching luggage, you can ALSO check out the
semi-complete archives of the list from inception to date at:
http://www.actwin.com/OtR

That way you can get up to speed on some of the past conversations,
and flamewars.  (hint:  do a search on "Dug")

***

On an entirely unrelated note, the restaurant I usually go to for
lunch has introduced new outfits for the wait staff.   These new
outfits include a tie with lots of herbs on it, and suspenders.
Today, one of the waitresses asked me if I thought the suspenders made
her breasts look bigger.  So, I'm wondering...what's the *right*
answer to that question?   Should I just be done with it, and ask her
out?  I swore off asking out waitresses at least a year ago, but...

Just pondering.   Hmm.

--NP: Adrian Belew - _Young Lions_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Cocaine is god's way of telling you that you have too much money.