Boston show

     Well, I wanted to post a nice, long descriptive piece about OTR's show
opening for the Junkies at Harbor Lights in Boston, but I can't since I was
incredibly late (due to a chain of events that only occur when you're in a
hurry to get to a concert).

     My friend and I could hear "All I Need..." as we approached. Karin's
voice sounded great drifting around outside the tent. We had great seats right
up front. Too bad all I saw was one new song I didn't recognize (nice, sort of
mid-tempo) and "Later Days"! This was the first time I know of them coming to
Boston since I got into them when "Patience" came out and I missed almost the
whole show!

     On the positive side, they sounded and looked great and the crowd was
really into them! Not just polite clapping and not just a smattering of people
watching! I don't know how many people there were long time fans (anyone from
this list there?) and how many of them will be now, but they were very well
recieved.

     I checked the merchandise stand - no shirts and only the Christmas album
for sale! I thought that was unfortunate. I wish they had GDBD there for all
the new fans I think they got that night. I wanted a shirt for myself, but
alas.....

     I ran into a friend who saw the entire set - she said it was good, but
the sound was a bit off ( a common complaint at Harbor Lights). I thought it
was fine from where I was....for what I saw of it!

     The Junkies were great. Margo has a nice way of talking to the audience.
Like everyone is an old friend. She kiddingly complained at one point the
Karin was better dressed than her with her long leather coat. Karin said she
only borrowed it from the wife of one of her band mates anyways.

     Oh well, just seeing them there was somthing special. Though I'm jealous
of all the people I've read about on this list that have seen them score of
times! Maybe they'll be back someday for some smaller venues shows now that
they have a name here.

~Phil