Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #264

> In a message dated 8/28/98 4:15:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, znedsfox at moody_edu
> writes:
>
> << >Dancing on a volcano, cecook <cecook at sccoast_net> said:
>  >
>  >>exactly.  and truth be told, does it really matter whether or not
>  >>linford did or did not write on song from a christian standpoint.  i
>  >>think not.  the song's the song.  take it for whatever it is to you and
>  >>leave at that.  now, it's time for me to go pack a bowl, tune into some
>  >>of karin's great vocal stylings and think about what it is "go down
>  >>easy" REALLY means... to me.
>  >

>  Whoa.....dude.....that's so.....deep. >>
>
> i bet that is just what jesus would say to someone, now, isn't it?
>
> (you're the one broadcasting your convictions over the list.  so stand by
> them.  don't be a bitch to cat for expressing her feelings about the band.
> "if you're gonna come around here and say those sorts of things... you better
> wear your thickest skin"--VOL)

Hello everyone,
(I'm using my husband's email, because...well just because....)

I just want to say that I'm not Jesus.  And yeah I was wrong to make light
of cat's feelings.  I am apologizing for that.  This list has really been
upsetting to me and when I read her message I typed my very sarcastic
remark without thinking about it.  I logged on to this list because I love
Over the Rhine and thought that their truest fans would be very cool and
honest people and I haven't been that way myself.  So...once again, don't
make an opinion about Jesus Christ based on the actions of one of his very
human followers.  Have a nice weekend.

Zena