gosh, lots of mail!

wow. it's been a while since i've had to actually *read* the mail...

you'd think that's all i had time for these days....

all this mortar fire has been quite interesting to read these past
days... as for the "did you know OtR" thing, the band was introduced to
me as being a "band of musicians who happened to be christians" but not
as a "christian band."  it was "Grey Monologue" which really hooked me
the first time round and then several years later "Jack's Valentine"
which nailed the picture to the wall quite firmly for me as an excellent
BAND.  what impressed me the most (and still does) is that, in my
opinion, here is lyrical poetry, and i mean poetry, put so perfectly to
music.  call me a beatnik. ( i hear ya, "ms." emery) the "ambiguity" of
most of the lyrics also appealed to me, because i like music which can
hold as many different meanings as there are listeners to glean meaning
from it.  such writing is highly intellegent and honest and a rare gift
to find these days... ( as a lyricist, i strive for similar effect, hence
detwieler and mallonee have become lyrical heroes.)  i will admit the
spiritual or "christian" overtones are an added plus for me, but if OtR
was, for lack of a better term, a "totally secular band", i would think
absolutely no less of them than i do now.

...and for all those who keep saying that Karin is hot, well, why doesn't
she get an air conditioner then?

(besides, everyone knows that Anne DeChant is the hot one, right jg? LOL)

bink

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]