Re: Reply to Lisa's Reply

Jesus!   How many Neds-Foxes *are* there at Moody?    ;-)

Zena Neds-Fox <znedsfox at moody_edu> waited lifetimes, said this to you:
>And what fair Lisa, would those aims be?  I would respectfully submit that
>Over the Rhine's aims definitely include raising up Christ.

Care to back that up?

>Bands such as PFR, the Kry, DC Talk are much much much more obvious, yes, OTR on the
>otherhand has the gift of presenting the ideas of scripture in ways that
>surpass the non believer and believer alike.  It's sort of like Christianity
>itself, you either hear it or you don't.

Is this one of those cases right now?   I see a lot of words here, but
it seems to me that it's just going round in circles.

A few biblical references in lyrics don't mean you're 'raising up
Christ' in your music.   If it does, then maybe some of you should
re-examine all those death-metal bands who have been bastardizing
canonical references from 3 or 4 major religions since the first Black
Sabbath album in 1969!

>And I'm not putting down the
>Christians who don't "get" less obvious lyrics, some Christians just are
>raised loving straightforward messages about Christ, some are even taught to
>fear any messages that aren't straightforward about Him.  But Over the Rhine
>sings to christians more like themselves, uncommon.  I'm putting my soapbox
>back into it's very close and reachable corner.... :]

Is it Soapbox Derby season?

--NP: Led Zeppelin - _Physical Graffiti_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"Religion is the opiate of the masses"  - Marx