Re: miss misery... [no OtR]

Melissa M Konieczko wrote:

> >Is anyone else getting as excited as I about the release of "XO" from
> >this guy?  How come everyone's been keeping him a secret from me?!
> >If any of ya watched the Oscars last year, he's the one with the song
> >from "Good Will Hunting" that looked like he just walked off of his
> >cardboard box home to sing.
>
> excited??? just a little. ha! Elliott = my main man;) did you see the
> snippet in the new Spin? actually, i was sort of disappointed = they
> listed him on the cover like it was some big deal but hey, any Elliott is
> good.

I also was a little disappointed. But we'll live.

> they also reviewed the XO album. he's touring the UK with Belle &
> Sebastian [heard them?]!

Once again, Melissa speaks the truth. I'm really looking forward to their
next CD, too. _If You're Feeling Sinister_ is amazing.

> anyway i actually only recently discovered him
> [shame on me, i realize]. a lot of people have recommended his stuff to
> me, but i thought he was just another run of the mill emo type guy. okay
> so i am dumb. oh well. now i have seen the light, and am all the better
> for it.

I'm relatively new as well. I'd heard the name, but the stuff from
_Either/Or_ was the first stuff of his I'd heard.

> "everybody's dying just to get the disease." [E. Smith]
>
> melissa, whose brother is named Elliot.

Heh... brings to mind visions of E.T.'s finger...

> NP: Bon Voyage [self titled]

np: Sarah McLachlan - _Fumbling Towards Ecstacy_ (CO's Lilith yesterday was
pretty cool. And I met listie Dawn for the first time! Yay!)

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner

...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins