Elliott Smith.

Layne, Melissa, group:

Is anyone else getting as excited as I about the release of "XO" from
this guy?  How come everyone's been keeping him a secret from me?!
If any of ya watched the Oscars last year, he's the one with the song
from "Good Will Hunting" that looked like he just walked off of his
cardboard box home to sing.

I've been playing that preview track on CMJ for the last two weeks in
my car; I can't wait for the whole thing.  Those with record players
still functioning have been jamming to the thing for weeks now...

Bruce