cincy lilith review

first of all, i'd like to know how many over the rhine fans went to
lilith...
I went with four of my friends, we had an AWESOME time in our front row
seats, which we got by going early to get tickets,scouting out two
different locations, and staying connected with cell phones.

we got there, got our free CDs and biore samples (hehe...) then sat down
to listen to  Bromwell / Diehl, i was not impressed... then saw Idina
Menzel... still not impressed. It would have been good if one of them
could have been replaced by, hmm... let me think, a great local band
called Over the Rhine... just a thought (heheheh)

But then Catie Curtis was great, and Chantal Kreviazuk was INCREDIBLE,
she sang with sarah mclachlan and natalie merchant.  She was one of my
favorites to watch.

Bic Runga was next, I love her, she's so cute, and VERY nice.  My
friends and I talked with her backstage, she signed my cd.  She was SOO
surprised that i had it... and wanted to know where i'd heard of her
since she's really just starting out. Her performance was a bit lacking
though, she seemed so quiet and shy maybe.

Then Des'ree, she was good, but i don't really know her work very well,
so i didn't enjoy it as much.

Victoria Williams was good too, she's funny... she has MS, and is losing
control of her muscles, so each year her voice gets worse.  Still, good
stage presence.

Luscious Jackson was fun.  They're surprisingly good live.

Emmylou Harris was great, her band spyboy was by far the best of all the
others... man! do they know how to play!!

Natalie Merchant has an awesome stage presence, she's a real
entertainer... she really knows how to charm the crowd. I think she was
my favorite. I loved hearing Life is Sweet from Ophelia live. Wow.

then we watched Sarah come out, and waited for a break in the noise, and
counted to three, then screamed "WE LOVE YOU SARAH!!!" did anyone who
went hear us?!  she looked over and said something like, "I've played at
over 40 of these shows, and some people get so silly." hahaha...
but I was kindof disappointed with sarah's performance.  It seemed so...
scripted.  maybe i just wish she wouldn't have played all her big radio
hits, you know? I hear them every time i turn on the radio, no matter
how good they are, they're getting overplayed, and it's kindof
annoying.  It would have been cool to see her play Drawn to the Rhythm,
or something a little older maybe. She does have a good excuse though,
having to play at over 50 cities and traveling every other minute of the
day.  It would be hard.

That's all I have to say about that.

L*E*A*H