Re: she just starts singing!

> what about the new songs?  does anyone remember?  i
> think goodbye has an introduction.

hey, I just wanted to let you know that on Goodbye, Karin and the whole
band just *start*--at least that's how I remember... you know its like
WHAM!  and she starts going ahhhiahhhh, ahhhiahhhh and the band starts
at the same time she does. It's a very powerful thing actually--that and
the false ending were the two things that really hooked me on Goodbye.

and for the record, its the little things that have sustained me with
otr--*like* the bass line in june, the drums on a gospel number, the
drums on someday, the drums on UH, the lyrics and roaring guitars on
guilty, the smart lyrics on Iron curtain, and sea and sky--and so many
other things that are too numerous to list right now.  These are the
things that grab my attention and force me to savor the moment that is
is so quickly fleeting.  And just like Jan, these are the things that
demand analyzation (for me) for further enjoyment.

I almost think that there is no such thing as over-analyzing art.  It's
all so subjective anyway when there's a common thread that does tie two
observers together that's what makes it powerful and it's what keeps
people listening/reading/looking for years and years.

Peace,

Mark

Your fire burns me like a favourite song,
a song I shold have known all along.

*the above quote was included based on emotions evoked while listening
to the *EVE* version of the song.  It should be noted that no such
emotional outbursts were ever noted while listening to the *Besides*
version of said same song.   :P