list abuse/linford sighting

i'm in accord with jan k on this matter...

i find myself deleting many messages from the list without even
opening them...why?, you may ask.  Because  i can tell by looking at
the name of the person that they come from that the message isn't
going to contain any otr related message (or anything of interest
whatsoever outside of 1 or 2 people)...no pearls of wisdom, no witty
repartee, no snappy banter, no...you get the picture.

i don't want to discourage anyone from sending messages  to the list,
maybe we could just ask ourselves before we hit the reply
button..."does this need to go to the whole list or just one or two
people?"

okay, i'm off my soapbox...hope i didn't hurt anyone's feelings too much

now on to the otr content...
saw Linford in a pool hall the other night sporting a new tattoo...a
huge spider web on the side of his neck...very avant garde.  in the
middle of the web was the Eve compass.  Linford was sporting a black
leather vest and leather pants, no shirt.  what looked like a bicycle
chain hung around his neck...he looked like an iron horsemen, or
somethin'.  i was shocked to say the least, wondering at Linford's
total change of fashion sense.

as i got closer, i could see the last 3 inches of a cigar clamped
tightly between his teeth as he bent over the pool table, attempting
to sink the 13 ball in the corner pocket...a difficult shot, from what
i could see of the table.

i hung back and watched Lin make the shot...he put it away like he'd
been shooting pool since his momma took him off the Gerber's.  He
straightened his back, stretched lifting the pool cue high overhead,
and looked straight at me...i was a little intimidated at this point,
but not enough not to open my mouth...
"Is that one of Karin's Cuban cigars?" I asked him.  He nodded his
head  and laughed.
"How did you know about Karin's love of cigars?"  he asked.
I stuttered, "Uh, she saw me smoking one after a show in Nashville,
and we started talking about it and stuff she told me she had to drive
to Canada to get them and that's how you guys hooked up with the
Cowboy Junkies."
That's me, Mr smooth.  he turned his attention back to the pool table,
evidently in awe of my ability to string words together.  I asked him
about when they would have some new material to release and he looked
up.  I could see he wasn't pleased by the question...not pleased at
all.  That glare could have pealed the paint off a Tonka toy.  I smile
nervously and headed to the bar.  After I got myself a bump and a beer
(to steady my nerves) I turned to see if he was still there.  The
table was empty, and Linford was no where to be seen...but I could
still smell the smoke from his cigar.

hugs & kisses
elmo'