Re: Anne Arbor (this is not the review)

Dancing in the rain, Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> said:
>> Hey...I'll tolerate no bad-mouthing of Tori on Tori Tuesday.   If
>> Mingus was alive, he'd want to play with Tori.
>
>:)>  Wouldn't Tori Tuesday have been about 5 weeks ago when her CD came out?

It was then, too.  Basically, whenever I get in *that* mood, I declare
a ToriDay.   Sorry for not giving the rest of you enough warning.

>> I like a lot of what Eno I've heard, including _Taking Tiger Mountain
>> (By Strategy)_, and _Another Green World_, as well as the ambient
>> masterpiece by Fripp/Eno _No Pussyfooting_.   Did this guy collect
>> even all the albums Eno produced?   That would be like collecting Rick
>> Wakeman solo albums.
>
>No crap. Chris and I actually agree on a couple of things musically. :)>

We agree more often than not, Layne.  ;-)

>Tori is one, Eno seems to be another. He's a genius, imo.

I agree.   He pretty much *invented* ambient music as we know it.

>I don't own much of his stuff (of his actual recordings, I have exactly one song - the one on the Trainspotting soundtrack - and I don't even remember the title), but I've heard a great deal, and he's influenced so many of the artists I dig in a lot of different ways (Orbital, U2, Aphex Twin, etc.).

Go look for the titles I named above..._Taking Tiger Mountain (By
Strategy)_ would be the best place to start.

>> >But anyway,  does anybody HERE know of Eddie Reader?   He said I should drop $30 on the import only album Angels and Electricity

>I've heard the name, but not the music. Let us know what you come up with, Chris...

Somebody beat me to it.  ;-)

--NP: Genesis - _Selling England By The Pound_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"You do not love a woman for her beauty.
    She is beautiful because you love her.'