Re: Anne Arbor (this is not the review)

Dancing in the rain, "jg900" <jg900 at bright_net> said:
>hi, musical treasure chests!

<everyone>  Hi, jg!

>He says,  (among many other things)  "There's a woman who makes Tori Amos et al look like rank amateurs, and her name is Eddi Reader..."  Now,  i got a little rankled (hell, yes, pun intended!) about that "rank am" comment concerning Baby  Tori,  and might have blown it all off completely,  except for the fact that there was *another*  really cool forty-something woman who was standing right behind us in line,  and she overheard him and piped in in agreement.  Then  we talked cool music until the doors opened.

Hey...I'll tolerate no bad-mouthing of Tori on Tori Tuesday.   If
Mingus was alive, he'd want to play with Tori.

>Chris Emery,  do you like Brian Eno?  I'm guessing you do.   This man is an ENO JUNKIE,  and you'd have loved him.  He collects everything Eno does,  as well as everybody Eno work(s/ed) with, including Fripp.  He's the most complete completist I've ever seen.  He was totally cool!!

I like a lot of what Eno I've heard, including _Taking Tiger Mountain
(By Strategy)_, and _Another Green World_, as well as the ambient
masterpiece by Fripp/Eno _No Pussyfooting_.   Did this guy collect
even all the albums Eno produced?   That would be like collecting Rick
Wakeman solo albums.

>But anyway,  does anybody HERE know of Eddie Reader?   He said I should drop $30 on the import only album Angels and Electricity (and so did the other woman) and i wouldn't be disappointed.   (I do so hate to be disappointed after coming off $30)

Strangely, the name isn't even a little familiar.  I'll check my
sources tonight, and see what I come up with.

--NP: Tori Amos - _Winter_
***Today is ToriDay!***
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: