Schuba's 6/6/98

Since no one reads long reviews, I'll keep it short.

The setlist was the same as all the recent shows. I was near the back, so
I only saw the one Kerry was using at the soundboard, and that was just a
photocopy of the one Scott has scanned on his web site, without the
"acoustic possibilities" part.

My only complaint was the complaint I have at all Schuba's shows. The
schedule was first show at eight, second show at ten. As usual, the doors
didn't even open for the first show until 8:15, resulting in a line
through the bar, out the door, and a block long. Then, to make up the
time, Jason Dennie only got to play for less than 15 minutes and OtR had
to cut three or four songs from the set and the show wasn't over until
after the second show was supposed to start, causing the second show to be
almost an hour late and not over until after 1AM.

I really like the new songs, especially Moth and Whatever You Say. Since
almost a third of the set was new material, the feeling of "I've heard
this exact same set for a year now" wasn't there. Jack was really tearing
it up.

Did anybody see the record label people? I couldn't from where I was
standing. Did they appear to be impressed? Did they even show up?

Jeff