lilith stuff (and a lil' OtR)

Layne wrote:

>> Lilith will sell out in a heartbeat.
>Did you get tickets? Was it this morning? I got Verve tickets yesterday.
>They're gonna rock so hard...

24th row ba-by!! I was 2nd in line, and would've been closer, but they were
training this girl on Ticketmaster.  Lovely timing (no, dear, you have to
hit enter.....).  The one person in front of me got 2nd row seats : - (.
But I'm still goin', so it's all good!  Did you get tix?  I still haven't
decided about the Verve yet?

> And to add some OtR content, I haven't gotten the Northern Spy either
FWIW.

*singing* Oh where, oh where has my Northern Spy gone, Oh where oh where
can it be????

>> I like the idea of throwing a lyric on the shirt;  Maybe -
>>
>> What a beautiful piece of heartache this has all turned out to be
(after
>> all these Latter Days conversations)
>> or
>> Just around the corner, I can hear you breathe
>My favourite song on the 1st CD...

I'm between Ubiquitious Hands and Like a Radio.  Damn, that's a good Cd.

Then Cat said:

>> What a charmed life I lead! :-P
> 'Course since Cowboy Junkies will be here, I think OtR should tag
along
>> too!   But I'm still going back to Cinci for the August 8th Lilith!
If
>> only there were an OtR show that weekend...
>why bother?  isn't there going to be, oh...NO ONE!!!! at the cincinnati
>show?  i, however, am going to be fortunate enough to see lilith in san
>diego with natalie, tara mclean, shawn colvin, indigo girls, and k's
>choice.  needless to say, i am much excited about this.

I agree that Censornati isn't the best Lilith Fair out there, but, hey,
there is Natalie.  Here in Denver, they added Natalie Merchant, Kristen
Hersh and Paula Cole, like, two days before tix went on sale, so I wasn't
planning to go.  At the time I figured that Natalie in Cinci was better
than no Nat at all, and I can see friends and family too (right Heather??).

Wow, I feel like I'm completely trying to rationalize this trip to OH ;-)

The San Diego show does look - I just saw Tara McLean a few weeks ago,
she's really good!  Silence is a great CD!

On a few more side notes:  I agree that Harbinger is a much better album
that This Fire.  I am so Ordinary is amazing.

I've always thought June was a good OtR ending song.  Or, my personal
favorite, Within Without!!!   That song just kicks live!!   I've always
thought closing songs should have a lot of energy, leave you with that
concert "high", you know?

Dawn

np:  James _Whiplash_