Re: Wade Jaynes

Recalling the power of trains, Jason Andrew Newby
<Jason.A.Newby at wheaton_edu> said:

>This is GREAT news!  Wade Jaynes is the most tastefully melodic bass
>player ever.

That's a pretty odd thing to say.   Ever heard Tony Levin?  Chris
Squire?  Mike Georgin?  I bet I can name 10 better melodic bass
players.

>He is nothing short of incredible and  Linford made a
>wonderful call in bringing him in, if only for a few shows.

Feh.   I'm still *very* disappointed in Mike's departure.

>Most people know him for his work with Chagall Guevara or his studio work
>for Steve Taylor and Phil Keaggy.  The Chagall tracks were genius.

Jason A. Newby, you're starting to worry me.   If his playing with
Steve Taylor and Chagall Guevara (another Steve Taylor project) are
any indication, then he may prove adequate.

>I liked Linford's playing back in the early days, but this is the most
>exciting OTR news I've heard in quite some time.

Did you ever see Mike play with the group?

--NP: Big Head Todd And The Monsters - _Beautiful World_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery