Wade Jaynes

> Headline: Mike's out, Wade's in.
> Weather: Soggy earth, dry humor.
> Fashion:  Envy that Over the Rhine green.

> Random notes:
> It's official I guess.  The big bad Mike man is out.  It seems he wanted to pursue more jazz oriented stuff, and the decision seems mutual and they are great friends.
> Wade Janes is from Nashville, knew the band for awhile, and was called in on Sunday to play this show.  He has hair.  Seems nice.  Perhaps a surreal moment for him was when Scott and Mike Ulrich and I were saying his name aloud on the stage after the show, and he was right behind us.
> Karin looked militant in semi-camouflage style pants and a grey T.  Nikki wore black.  Down to the skin.  Jack looked like Ric Ocasek (says Damian, I agree) in some hawaiian print green shirt.  Linford wore lime.  Nik, Karin, Jack and Wade wore shades.
> A fellow listee picked up lyrics to I Will Remember.  Perhaps he/she can be persuaded to post...  Poughkeepsie was played with an even slower tempo than the album version.  They played without the first break, then the crowd rushed "down and front" for the "GD Easy" encore.

This is GREAT news!  Wade Jaynes is the most tastefully melodic bass
player ever.  He is nothing short of incredible and  Linford made a
wonderful call in bringing him in, if only for a few shows.

Most people know him for his work with Chagall Guevara or his studio work
for Steve Taylor and Phil Keaggy.  The Chagall tracks were genius.  I
liked Linford's playing back in the early days, but this is the most
exciting OTR news I've heard in quite some time.