Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #180

okay, mr emery...you must have been feeling forgetful when you wrote:

<<I Went To An OTR Show, And The Only Listie I Met Was JG.>>

i may be a lurker, but i still read my daily digest. granted, that night at
kent i didn't yell that i loved terry...i didn't yell that i loved mike...i
didn't deliver the smoothest rendition of "jack's valentine" this side of
the Old-n-grungy River...heck, i didn't even ooze with "YUMMY!" but,
goshdarnit, i was there. :-P

my excuse? i was recovering from raising three kids all day...er, all
week...er, for the past 9 years! :-)

it's okay, i understand...dear jg does stand out in a crowd. :-)

i'll be in chicagoland this weekend...and so will OtR. don't know if i'll
catch them. hubby has a gig. are any chicagoland listies going to that
show? if so, remind me...exactly when/where/what time/cost?

just reminding you all of my presence...
lest ye forget,
denice the chief dream interpreter

np: HDIF: OtR
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Visit "Dwelling Under the Hazelnut Tree,"
             our updated web page, at
       http://home.neo.lrun.com/hazlett/
             NOW WITH PHOTOS!!

----------
> From: Over-The-Rhine Digest <Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com>
> To: Over-The-Rhine-Digest at actwin_com
> Subject: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #180
> Date: Thursday, June 04, 1998 3:58 AM
>

> Over-The-Rhine Digest      Thursday, June 4 1998      Volume 02 : Number
180

> In this issue:
>
> 	listie t-shirts
> 	Re: Listie gear
> 	Re: 4th July
> 	Re: listie t-shirts
> 	Re: Cornerstone
> 	Re: Cornerstone
> 	Re: 4th July
> 	Re: Cornerstone
> 	Shirts & Gordon
> 	Re: Shirts & Gordon
> 	more listie shirts...
> 	Re: Shirts & Gordon
> 	Re: more listie shirts...
> 	would you like the house salad?
> 	euphority malls and other nonsense
> 	concert tonight - Q102/OtR
> 	Schuba's
> 	Re: Schuba's
> 	Re: Schuba's
> 	Re: Schuba's
> 	Yet another stupid tshirt idea
> 	Re: Yet another stupid tshirt idea
> 	Listie t-shirts and Listie Pictures
> 	t-shirts, other stuff
> 	trifles
> 	Re: Listie t-shirts and Listie Pictures
>
> See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the
> Over-The-Rhine mailing list and on how to retrieve back issues.

> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 98 07:10:24 PDT
> From: "jg900" <jg900 at bright_net>
> Subject: listie t-shirts
>
> naturally, i want my t shirt to read "I love you, Terri!"  and maybe have
the scampering rat on the back (eating a pile of mice off a plate- - what
the hell was that about?!)  with jg900 under it so people can avoid me as
well they should.

> abyssinia!  (but not at C-stone or Flevo)
>
> np: Blondie  _plastic letters_
>
> happy life,
> jg
>
> "A great work of art is
>  like a dream.  For all
>  it's apparent obviousness,
> it does not explain itself
> and is always ambiguous."
> - - - -
> Dr. Carl Jung
>
> "All must not be art.
> Some art we must disintegrate."
> - - - - -
> Patti Smith
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 07:50:27 EDT
> From: ARegner at aol_com
> Subject: Re: Listie gear
>
> > From: cemery at iwaynet_net (Chris Emery)
>
> >  >we can always have an official OTR kilt and have a kilt gathering and
we
> > can
> >  >listen and discuss otr, toss large telephone poles in a field and see

> >  We could play a round of ring-around-the-haggis.   I'm all for the OTR
> >  kilt idea.
> >
> >  Anita, you still up for doing kilt checks?
>
> Always Chris hun! ;o) lol  I do need to get back into practice before the

> Renn Faire starts this year!  ;o)
>
> Hey Laddie....got that sporran ready for me to adjust yet??? ;o) LSL
>
> cheers,
>
> Anita (Kilt Check Lass) ;o)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:16:18 +0100 (BST)
> From: "E.J.Martin" <E.J.Martin at pol-as_hull.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: 4th July

> > >And for you too! Sounds like you're doing something similar to us.
Tell
> [...]
> the Rhine is playing at Sawyer Point tonight. I called Q102 and they said
> that the Over the Rhine is playing at 5:30.
>
> HTH,
> scott
>
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------
>   ulrichsd at miavx1_muohio.edu      http://www.muohio.edu/~ulrichsd
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:17:47 -0500
> From: "Russ Stewart"<RSSTEWAR at hewitt_com>
> Subject: Schuba's
>
> Is there anyone going to Schuba's for OtR this weekend?  I don't have
> anyone to hang with yet if I go (hint, hint).
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:35:27 -0600
> From: eric schumacher <eschumacher at kconline_com>
> Subject: Re: Schuba's
>
> Russ,
>
> as a matter of fact, i will be attending the OtR shindig at Schuba's on
> saturday... i know they're playing two shows, but does anyone have any
> information on the supposed start times? i know start times are often
> subject to change, but it'd be nice to have SOME idea...
>
> i'll have a few friends in tow as well, so maybe we could get together
> and drink a few beers...  ;-)
>
> oh, and for the listie shirts, how about:
>
>         OTR - It's the right thing to do.
>         OTR - MMM  MMM  Delicious!
>         OTR - Good Dug, Bad Dug   ;-)
>         OTR - Ric's other band   (just kidding... don't flame me...)
>
> good day to all,
> eric.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 21:49:08 GMT
> From: cemery at iwaynet_net (Chris Emery)
> Subject: Re: Schuba's
>
> Recalling the power of trains, eric schumacher
> <eschumacher at kconline_com> said:
> >i'll have a few friends in tow as well, so maybe we could get together
> >and drink a few beers...  ;-)
>
> Towing friends?   Do they mind this sort of thing?
>
> >oh, and for the listie shirts, how about:
> >        OTR - It's the right thing to do.
>
> ...and the tasty way to do it.
>
> >        OTR - MMM  MMM  Delicious!
>
> OTR - *Yummy*!
>
> >        OTR - Good Dug, Bad Dug   ;-)
> >        OTR - Ric's other band   (just kidding... don't flame me...)
>
> LOL   I think I'm going to start wearing my Monk shirts to OTR shows
> and vice-versa.   I wonder who'll notice first?
>
> - -- NP: Trey Gunn - _The Third Star_
> ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 17:26:10 -0500
> From: Cari Roberts <cari at enteract_com>
> Subject: Re: Schuba's
>
> At 04:35 PM 6/3/98 -0600, eric schumacher wrote:
>
> >as a matter of fact, i will be attending the OtR shindig at Schuba's on
> >saturday... i know they're playing two shows, but does anyone have any
> >information on the supposed start times? i know start times are often
> >subject to change, but it'd be nice to have SOME idea...

Gordon
> with the caption: "Got Jack?"
>
> BSC
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:20:30 -0500
> From: binkmeisterrick at juno_com
> Subject: Re: Yet another stupid tshirt idea
>
> On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:04:58 -0500 "Brad Caviness" <bigwig at arkansas_net>
> writes:
>
> >These are very nice and good, but may I be allowed to add my own?
> >
> >Since the band often is forced to tour without their player of six
> >strings,
> >how about a shirt with a photo of the intrepid, world-traveling Mr.
> >Gordon
> >with the caption: "Got Jack?"
>
> LOL  Nice! The Dairy Plaid kilt would go well with that one.
>
> You could also put an added twist on it with the caption: "You Don't Know
> Jack!"
>
> Or how about a shirt with his picture on the front saying "CHEESE!"
>
> OR, since bathrooms and OTR seem to have something in common, you could
> always have a "Jack Shit" shirt, but I certainly wouldn't wear it cos I
> think Jack kicks ass!  Although that may BE just the reason to wear it!
> LOL ;{)}
>
> bink

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:44:23 EDT
> From: JLuvzMusyk at aol_com
> Subject: Listie t-shirts and Listie Pictures
>
> In a message dated 6/2/98 3:03:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jeff at ohsosf_smlab.com writes:
>
> > i'm all for it. although i will say is was kinda funny seeing denise
and
> >  jess holding up sign looking for "listies" (those crazy kids).
>
> Oh, no!  Wasn't me!  I think that was Stef and JG.....I was too involved
with
> flirting with Mr. Emery that I wasn't worried about meeting anyone else!
LOL

> I think that Listie Shirts would be a great idea, and I'd love to
contribute
> an idea, but since I am *the* most unartistic person in the world, I'll
have
> to refrain on that one.  I can't wait to see everyone's ideas, though,
and I'm
> willing to do the whole money thing for it.
>
> So, Jeff, where are the pictures of all of us from the Kent show?  How
dare
> you tell us you had them developed and then keep them from us!
>
> Speaking of pictures, I finally got the pictures from when Jan, Fran, Dug
and
> I hung out in Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago.  There are a couple of
good
> shots of us, and one shot of Jan, Dug and I with the Big Boy.  *laughing*
> With their consent I'll send them to Eric, so he can put them on his web
page,
> and there can be new pictures to look at!
>
> Oh, and one other thing....I was accepted into the University of
Cincinnati,
> so I'll be there in the fall.  How about that?
>
> *hugz and kisses*
> Jessyka
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 98 08:56:08 PDT
> From: "jg900" <jg900 at bright_net>
> Subject: t-shirts, other stuff
>
> hi.
> BSC's  Got Jack?   is the best yet,  although merely IMO.  Then Chris
said, <P> I think I'm going to start wearing my Monk shirts to OTR shows
> and vice-versa.   I wonder who'll notice first?
> well, since chris always goes up and talks to the bandmembers,  i guess
the first to notice would be the first concert he sees,  which i'm guessing
will be OtR.  Reminds me of when i wore my Graham Parker  concert-T to the
Elvis Costello show.  Elvis didn't see it,  but some other fan did,  and
commented something like he thought i had a lot of nerve!  Ah, rivalry!
(Or not.)

> then chris said <P>  Actually, you're the most recognizable listie this
side of Stefanie
> Riehle.   ;-)
> hmmm.   must be the horrible deformities, a la Nurse Hollum on tonight's
South Park.   And don't forget the other side of Stefanie Riehle!

> Now, if I wear my "i love you, terri" shirt,  and chris wears his "i love
you, mike" shirt,  then dug, it's up to you to pull on your "i love you,
brian" shirt so we can have the complete set.  (suddenly thinking of Larry
Moe and Curly, but unsure why....)

> somebody else,  i think ed pool as hell, but i'm not positive (sorry!)
said, <P>  >What about a veggie option?
> >OTR The new textured soya bean curd?
>
> mmmm!   this is the shit!!!  Termites, get to New Garden next to
Montgomery Wards,  get the Bean Curd Homestyle dinner.  mmmmmm!  Jessyka,
I still owe you Chinese dinner.  I have not forgotten.  And  *this* is the
place!  No atmosphere at all, there, though, so bring your space suit or at
least your SCUBA gear.

> Oh, this is nice.  Tomorrow there's an OtR show in Cleveland and tomorrow
is my night to work (slave) 'til 8 p.m.   aaauuugghh! (stolen from Charlie
Brown).
> But Jason Denny is opening, so that'll buy me some time.   Oh, and then
the following night my girl anne e.  is giggin' at an all-day,
lots-o'-bands fundraiser for breast cancer research,  and me without a
Little Ian sitter.  aaauuuughhh! (again).  Well, maybe some of you could
go.... Termite Jeff, is your band playin' that show?
> Denice, Dedra,  are you aware of the OtR show in Cleveland?  I didn't see
it listed on this list.  It was only in my Northern Spy as far as i know.
 or, maybe i missed it.  Dedra, you might wanna let yummy chicks know so
they don't miss it.

> Chris,  sorry about gently picking on you today about the cows eating
steaks off plates.  I forgot about your Percodans!  No doubt you are
enjoying them,  evidently  too much so.  Andrew,  tell him!   Didn't mean
to be a buzzkill, though.   sorry.  If I had a bottle of Percs, I'd be
havin' fun with 'em, too.  uh-oh!  Doctor!  i accidentally knocked these
down the sink. Please, sir, may i have some more?
> (the views expressed on this list are those of the contributor and are
not necessarily those of the host or affiliated parties- - -legal
disclaimer)

> Jessyka at U.C.  - - yay!  you go, girl!   And it wasn't Portishead as i
thought!  it was nat imbruglia!!  go figure that one!
> Stef- - did you score us tickets to that show you invited us to?
Thanks! (i hope)
> WAPS' Baby Kelli just told me i need to check out a mr. james intveld.
anyone farmanimal with him?  Candace, perhaps?  she says he's folky and
with a charm and style reminiscent of John Wesley Harding (who is killer,
IMO).  She just went to Pittsburgh to see him play out (you go, Jessyka?)
and liked him lots.   so, feedback? please?
> o.k. as this seems to be a name dropping letter,  Yzzi, um,  sorry i have
others referring to you as Yzzi, and also i'm eating a orange cream bar.
mmmm!
> Rick,  no i'm not gonna yell out "freebird"  but was thinking maybe i'd
yell out "sun comes up (tuesday morning)" or "sweet jane" or even
"floorboard blues" (would Karin sing the f-word?) to see what kind of
reaction that would get from the band.   sure hope i get there on time.
> by- - -um,  no, sorry.   Farewell.  uh-huh, lets do that one.  farewell.
> np: Jane Siberry  __Bound by the Beauty__  (too bad you all hate her,
'cause she's pretty damn killer!)