RE: passion

I guess I would have to say I liked the movie.  My wife cried, but she's a
crier.

I did bring home more of the suffering.  The opening scripture on the movie,
Isaiah 53:5 "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for
our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him and with His
stripes we are healed" seemed to be the point Mel was trying to get across.
Watching the movie made me identify more I think with the actual suffering
that Christ chose to do for me.  But then I look at the suffering as a very
huge part in the whole of the crucifixion.

As far as a movie goes, it was OK.  I think someone not fully aware or only
slightly aware of the whole story may have not been reached in the way IMO
that Mel hoped.  It is kind of the same I think as when we hear about a war
or something along those lines in which we have no part.  It's just that war
over there with the faceless 10,000 people dying.  But when one of those
10,000 people dying is your brother, sister, cousin, whatever, that war over
there takes on much more of a meaning to you than it may for someone else.
To see the God that I worship and love so brutalized may mean much more to
mean than someone who doesn't believe or just gives it a passing belief.

I also doubt if I will watch it again.

Michaelcountingdownthehours(2)tilltheweekend