Re: passion

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Melanie Shannon wrote:

> so....i'm surprised this hasn't come up on the list, yet.  i'm wondering
> who's seen 'the passion,' and whether or not you'd recommend it to
> someone (me) who's a) Christian, and b) dislikes watching realistic
> violence on screen.

o my gosh

i was hoping HOPING this would not come up

i feel like cowering in the corner and banging my head against the wall...

seriously. i've kinda stayed away from the hype, rabid furor an d strange
feelings of disassociation from my own 'religion' (but not faith)

having said that, i probly will see it.

having said *that* - it might be a good story. but it might not
necessarily be a good film (can i divide between the truth of the story
that i feel it is and the film that represents it?)

and having said *that*, i only would ask a christian do you worship a
dying Christ or a risen one?

> so far i've been told everything from 'it's not worth it, especially
> considering it's only blood and gore,' to 'of course you should see it,
> every believer should see what Christ suffered for them.' thanks for
> that one, mom.  for crying out loud i never made it through 'schindler's
> list.'

(=

well, you seem to have heard almost every thing that i've heard

> opinions?  and can we discuss without arguing?
>
> -melanie

i dunno

i was hoping blindly, like an ostrich , to avoid all mention of it.

alas, the sand i buried my head in has become a sandbag against a flood

feeling verbosely ornery

(:

rhys

--
nickel plated armour seemed the best option