Return of the MP3 Rarities Vine

Hello everyone.  So there was some talk a month or two ago about starting a
vine for a disc containing all the MP3 rarities from the past couple years
or so...I was supposed to do something about that, and, well, I let it slip
my mind until now.  If you want in on it and you're also a user on Drew's
forums, the sign-up for the vine is available there.

I know some of you are not forum users, so I came up with a way to make this
work for all of you as well.  The plan is as follows:

I will burn all the MP3s onto a CDR in MP3 format.  I would do it in
standard CD format, but that would take multiple discs, and those of you who
like your iPods and what not would suffer quality loss in converting the
songs back to MP3 from WAV.  Once the CD is burned, I'll send it to the
first person on the vine (signup and what have you will be explained
shortly).  They, in turn, will copy the MP3s over to their hard-drive (or
burn a copy for themselves, if they so desire), then send the *original CD*
(the master copy) to the next person in the vine.  This continues until
everybody that wants a copy has one.

Now...how to sign up.  Send me an email at ccczp5@umr.edu with the subject
"otr mp3 vine" and a body containing your name and preferred email address.
Please use that subject line (minus the quotes), as I don't know how many
emails I'm going to get for this thing, and it's much easier for me to sort
all the vining stuff into a seperate folder.  Once you email me, within, oh
24 hours or so, I will post your name and email address to the following
webpage: http://web.umr.edu/~ccczp5/otr.htm .  As soon as you're posted on
the list, you need to email the person directly above you with whatever
information they need to ship the disc to you.

Once you've received the disc, copy the MP3s to your hard-drive (or
whatever), then ship the disc to whoever is after you, using a padded
envelope or CD-mailer of some sort (no plain envelopes, please), with "DO
NOT BEND" written plainly across both sides of the envelope.  Send an email
to me once you've received the disc, and again when you've shipped it out so
I can keep the vine status updated.

So the procedure is:
-Send an email to ccczp5@umr.edu containing your name email address with the
subject "otr mp3 vine"
-Once you're listed on http://web.umr.edu/~ccczp5/otr.htm, email the person
above you with shipping info
-Once you receive the disc, copy the files to your computer, then ship the
disc to the next person in line

That's it..pretty easy, huh?

Now a few questions answered:

To convert MP3s to WAV files so you can burn them to audio CDs that play in
your car or home stereo, you just need a conversion program.  I personally
use CDex (http://www.cdex.n3.net/), which should work for most Windows
users.  There are other programs out there, and most of them are pretty
self-explanatory...whatever suits your fancy.  Mac users...I'm not sure
what's out there, honestly...a quick search on the Internet should find
something for you.

If the person after you in the vine never emails you with shipping
information, try to reach them, give them a few days, etc... If it's looking
pretty grim, email the person after you to let them know they're being
passed over, then send an email to the next person in line to get their
shipping info.  If you get skipped over, just sign up again.

If the vine ends up frozen for a pretty long time or the master becomes
damaged, I'll try to track down where it left off and restart it.

Wow...that took a little too long to type.  If there are any questions, feel
free to drop me a line.  I'll ship out the disc in about a week or so.
Enjoy!

-Chad

Tracks on MP3 Disc:
01 - All I Need Is Everything (Chamber Music Mix)
02 - And Can It Be (Live)
03 - Anything At All (Live, pre-Ohio)
04 - Cast Me Away (Live)
05 - Circle of Quiet (Live, not from ASR)
06 - Faithfully Dangerous (Live)
07 - Fever (from Hidden Treasures Compilation)
08 - Give Me Strength (Third Watch Mix)
09 - Happy Christmas/War is Over (Live with Ron Sexsmith, Sixpence)
10 - Holy Rain (Jack Henderson Song...feat. Karin on BGV)
11 - How Long Have You Been Stoned (Long Version)
12 - I Shall Be Released (Live with Bill Mallonee)
13 - If Nothing Else (Acoustic)
14 - If Nothing Else (Beatbox Remix)
15 - It's Never Quite What It Seems (Full Band Version)
16 - Jack's Valentine (Live with Leo Kottke)
17 - Let It Be (Live cover)
18 - Like A Radio/Ain't No Sunshine (Live)
19 - Little Blue River (Live)
20 - Lucy (Live)
21 - Lucy and the Reverend (Live)
22 - My Love Is A Fever (Acoustic)
23 - My Love Is A Fever (Live, not an album version)
24 - Nobody Number One (Remix)
25 - Orphan Girl (Live with Buddy and Julie Miller)
26 - Poughkeepsie (Live)
27 - Rhapsodie (Live)
28 - Spinning (Live)
29 - The Body Is A Stairway of Skin (Remix)
30 - This Daring Light (Live with Ron Sexsmith)
31 - When I Go (Acoustic)
32 - Miles (covered by Elipsis)
33 - Rhapsodie (covered by T. Simonian)
34 - Anyway (covered by Rainy Day Assembly)
35 - All I Need Is Everything (covered by Paul Soupiset)*
36 - Oh Marie (Jack Henderson song)*

Not sure if the last two were ever actually MP3s of the month. Also...I'm
definitely missing the following:

37 - Toldeo (pre-CRF version)
38 - The Seahorse (Live...possibly with 'Summertime')

If anyone knows if 35 and 36 were actual rarities or not, let me know.  If
you've got something I'm missing, it would be great if you could get it to
me before I send out the disc.  If not, I'm just going to send out what I
have around the end of the week sometime.