Re: Re: nader/green party (political - duh)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 angryjohnny@fuse.net wrote:

> > > I don't know how Your candaian Prime minister does things . . .
> >
> > Suffice to say we've been living in a de facto one-party state for
> > over a decade, now.
>
> perhaps you love your decade-old one party state situation . . .

Hardly.  But it remains to be seen whether the right wing can get its act
together here long enough to form a viable alternative.

> . . . but some of us here in the states take great pride in our freedom
> of choice and loathe your freedom from choice.

Hey, we complain about the first-past-the-post system all the time, too!

> look up democracy in any dictionary and you wont find electoral college
> in the definition.

So?  Do you want the dictionary to spell out the three branches of
American government, the Parliamentary system, and everything else, too?

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee