i don't need a minder, thanks (Re: What's up with.. )

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Eric Loyet wrote:

> Yes.  Now that I have your attention I would like to comment on
> misdirection this mailing list has recently made.  I'm pretty sure,

> BASIC GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO THE LIST:

> 1)  Do NOT include the entire message when replying (unless the original
> message was very short, or you are responding line-by-line).

so i can't just say 'wah'?  ok

longer response.

when did you become my mother? sorry, i know that sounds nasty and
flamish. but i was wondering: how are you going to enforce this? or any of
these other requirements you have for a list that's been happy on its own
for a while?

>  3)  No matter how good the cause is, or how urgent the message you want
> to forward - if it has nothing to do with Over the Rhine then it is
> off-topic and inappropriate for the list.  We don't want to hear about
> the "Good Times" virus or a sick child who wants postcards.

wow.

it's a good hting you're here.

i mean, i might've forwarded a message about uncle bob and his need for a
head transplant.

geesh.

or that Doomie virus thingie, cos i'm so silly and non-technical, i
wouldn't konw a byte if it bit me (down byte down!)

> 4)  Flaming will not be tolerated.  If you have an uncontrollable need
> to flame someone send the message directly to them - not to the list.

how you are gonna do this? i can't even get ahold of the list owner. are
you the owner of the list? will you kick us off?

> 7)  Relationships form because of this list that bring people a lot of
> happiness. (We recently had our first listie wedding.) Please use
> discretion:  when you feel the urge to communicate directly with someone
> about topics unrelated to Over the Rhine, e-mail them directly. Messages
> sent to the entire list should regard Over the Rhine.

you are not my mother.

i fsee it this way:

over the rhinse is music about life. as such a list, it would make sense
to me that germane and pertinent things would include life in general and
music is *part* of my life. some ofthe other bits of it include other
things, like opnionatedness that sparks once in a while.

eh.

i am an adult. i think we all are. so we would like to know you s a
person, not OTR discussion list's cop of the day.

thank you.

rhys

--
Travel is a tonic for the soul. Siren Song