Re: Re: dem primary

On 2/6/04 2:38 AM, quoth the effervescent lilblueriver@hotmail.com at
lilblueriver@hotmail.com:

> but i
>tend to think there's something to be said for societies where it's legal to
>carry concealed weapons.  people tend to stay the **** away from each other,
>and crime tends to be much lower.

What society would that be? Cos it certainly isn't Philadelphia. Or New
York. Or Washington. Or Chicago. Certain people will carry guns whether
it's legal or not, simply because the legality of the matter isn't
something with which they concern themselves. A good percentage of the
gun deaths in my city, at least, are drug and/or gang-related. I
seriously doubt the person pulling the trigger gives a damn about whether
his carry permit is in order.

And I'm not anti-gun. I happen to be an excellent shot.

And I am almost at the point where I would pick a ficus over a Bush. I
cannot have my first choice-- Bartlett-- but I would be happy with Kerry,
or Clark, or Edwards, or Dean, or Kucinich, who are, at this moment, my
remaining choices.