Re: dem primary

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Drew Johnson wrote:

> <snip Peter's rather condescending dismissal of my thoughts on Michael
> Moore>
>
> <snip Peter's discussion of Melanie's explanation of what she meant by
> documentary>
>
> So, what exactly is your point, Mr Chattaway?

That simplistic critiques and defenses of Moore and his films miss the
point.

Sorry if you found my remarks condescending, but I've lived in the
Christian subculture far too long to be satisfied by any defense of a work
of art that amounts to little more than "It made my life better".  That
might speak volumes for you and your life, and there is a place for that,
but it adds nothing to a discussion of Moore's own merits as a filmmaker.

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee