Re: [OTR] RE: York Street tonight...

Since I don't have any relevant baby stories to share,
I wanted to briefly return this thread to its original
subject.

The Kim Taylor Band's performance at York Street last
Friday night was quite a treat.  I had only seen Kim
perform once before when she opened a show for Karin,
Linford and Jack in 2002.  The quartet is as follows:

Kim Taylor: acoustic guitar, banjo, vocals
Ric Hordinski: electric guitar, lap steel,
mando-guitar, etc.
Amos Heller: electric bass
Josh Seurkamp: drums, percussion
It was an enjoyable experience to see and hear these
four individual artists blend their talents to create
a style and sound of their own.  Kim said they are
working on a new record that should be out by Fall.
If they are able to capture the energy and passion of
the live performance in the studio, it will be a
record deserving of attention.

Along with the great music, the other highlight of the
evening was getting a chance to meet/talk to Mariesa,
Uncle Nathan, Rick and Dave.  If any of you other
listees in the area missed the show, the KTB will be
playing at Southgate House on 2/14.

peace,

Jeff

"Like a stone on the surface of a still river
Driving the ripples on forever
Redemption rips through the surface of time
In the cry of a tiny babe..."
Bruce Cockburn