Re: Ba ba ti ki di do / Forums / Tributes

On 2/4/04 8:16 AM, quoth the effervescent dtemmesfeld@eim-inc.com at
dtemmesfeld@eim-inc.com:

>2) Drew.... geez, your comment about Ysoi posting about
>her claim to do a song for the Tribute II needing to be
>on the Forum.... is yet again, sickening.  Is the Tribute
>II going to be for only OtR *Forum* fans?  Seems silly.
>Why can't she discuss it here?  If someone from the Forum
>"claims" it, then does a shitty job, and Ysoi's version is
>superior, um... "claiming" the song on the Forum is, well,
>a stupid concept/rule.  Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood,
>though.  It leads to...

I was much angrier a few days ago, Drew. But let me add this: the more
you try to shove the damned forums down my throat, the worse a taste it
leaves in my mouth.

If we wanted to use them, we would be there by now. And vice versa. Can
you please stop trying to eviscerate the list in favour of your forums?
Just fucking leave it alone.

Okay, I guess I'm still angry. I still adore you, and I still want to
help. But please: just stop.

>3) Doing another tribute already seems silly, too.  I mean,
>geez, we put out a DOUBLE CD for their first 10 years...
>now two albums later, there's a need to do ANOTHER tribute?
>Why not do a tribute boxset and cover everything they've
>ever done?  We could call it "Nothing Better To Do With Our
>Time."

I dunno. If it's for charity, why not do another CD? If it's all in fun,
why not? Though I've had the idea of a cover album for AGES. I thought
it'd be nice if we did, perhaps, songs that just mean a lot to US. Sort
of by-Rhinelanders-for-Rhinelanders, with no greater aspirations. If we
try to be more professional with an OtR "Thank You" album (like Duran did
of their own idols) we run into copyright issues, don't we?

What if we did our favourite songs as OtR would do them? Or perhaps as
OtR would do them if they were a polka band.

Still, I'd love to see this be an OtR cover album like we did before, for
charity. Knowing it'll be a professional output makes me treat it more
seriously.

Okay. I'm fine now. Really.